Social media and its craze are increasing day by day and many users are performing activities on these social media platforms. From Instagram to YouTube, users are creating content and uploading it for entertaining the audience. In the same way, users create stories, and snaps on another very popular social media platform, that is Snapchat. Snapchat is a social media platform that is used by many people and is quite famous among influencers and young ones. This platform is used for clicking pictures with many unique filters and is also used for texting and chatting. So like other features in applications, there are features of dark mode in every social media application which is also known as night mode. These features are most important to protect your eyes from straining especially when you use the application at night.
What is Dark mode in Snapchat?
With many good features updating in various social media applications, this feature of dark mode, also termed ‘night mode’ changes the color palette on your application and makes it darker. This feature is generally used at night time, especially when your lights have turned off and you are using your application therefore known as bedtime mode. This is to protect your eyes from those bright lights which can be hurting your eyes while using your phone. The dark mode also protects the battery life. This feature is not in every application but platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat are running this show. But snap chat only has a dark mode on iPhones and not on Android. But that’s not the problem because you can still enable dark mode on your Android phone by changing some settings.
Also, know How to change your name on Facebook?
How to get Dark mode on Snapchat?
So now you want to change the settings of your application into dark mode because it will reduce your problem of straining eyes while using the application at night with lights off. Then here are some easy steps you can follow to enable the dark mode on your iPhone as well as on your Android device:
Snap chat brings new features and updates regularly also with its new collection of clothes, bitmoji, and other updates.
Well, the iPhone has the dark mod features of snap chat already updated. You don’t have to change or do much for enabling dark mode on your iPhone, just a few steps and you’re good to go.
- So, first, open the Snapchat and go to your profile by clicking on your photo or bitmoji in the upper left corner of the chat screen
- Then your profile screen will open, there you will see a setting icon on the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on that setting icon
- In settings, you will see many options, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and there you will see the option ‘ App Appearance ‘
- Click on the App Appearance and then you will see another three options – Always light, match system, and Always Dark
The option ‘Always light’ will turn on the light feature on your application and the option ‘ Always dark’ will turn on the dark mode ( which you need to do).
The last option is ‘select match system’ and this will show the default setting on your iPhone which means that if you have enabled dark mode on your phone then it will also be permitted on your application (Snapchat).
So you have to click on Always dark which will enable your snap chat into dark mode.
On Android device
Unlike iPhone, Android devices don’t have dark feature updates already so for this the steps of enabling the dark are a little bit difficult and different. Snapchat has not yet updated these features on Android devices but maybe plans to do so in future updates. But this thing doesn’t matter at all because you can still get dark mode on your snap chat and this will happen by changing the settings. Follow these below steps for enabling dark mode on your snap chat on your android device :
- So for doing this, the first procedure is to activate your developer’s option
- Now go to your settings app and visit the option About phone and click on it.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and choose the option ”Build number’ and then click on it seven times.
By doing this you have enabled developer mode on your android phone.
- Then come back to the homepage of settings and then search for the System-> Developer option. This is to access the developer option.
- Now you have access then enable the ‘Override force dark ‘ option by clicking on the sign. This will successfully enable the forced dark mode on your Android.
After moving forward you will see that your device will change the color palette on your application that doesn’t have e native dark mode option support system.
- Then click on the APKMirror link to download the APK version of snap chat. This might cause you to miss out on the latest updates of your application but this will give you access to the dark mode of your snap chat.
Now you have a dark mode in your application.
Darker themes also look cool and might make your application screen look better than in light mode.
Enabling dark mode using a third-party app on Snapchat
You can get darker mode on your device without changing the settings and that is by using a third-party app. There are many such third-party apps you can consider. But it’s advisable to enable your dark theme on your Snapchat by using the setting steps.
So now you can easily get dark mode on your device and protect your eyes from that bright light. Because using your application on a bright screen for too long will not only cause eye strain but also makes it difficult for you to fall asleep. Dark mode will also save your battery.